May 25, 2020
Topic: Decoding the 20 lac crore package
In this I-CAN Conversation, we had Mr. Syed Zafar Islam. He is the director of Air India. He is the former Managing Director of Deutsche Bank, India and he is an Ex- Investment Banker.
Compiled by Kritik Mathur
Key Highlights of the Conversation:
- The stimulus package has been announced in 5 parts. It is quite a difficult task to understand the parts and the whole package if one is not from a Finance background.
- The Hon’ble PM wants us to be self-reliant and wants to focus on the supply chain.
- One of the parts of the package concentrates on migrant workers, homeless people and related people.
- There has been some misinformation about the government doing nothing for these migrant workers and homeless people.
- Government has also allocated considerable amount of funds for MSMEs and middle-class workers.
- Many economies around the world are pumping money into the economy.
- Banks are currently not lending much money because of the apprehension to lend money to those who do not have predictable cash flows.