Speaker: Prof. of Global Health at the University of Washington, Seattle
Member, scientific committee, WHO - Geneva, Former Health Advisor to the Ministry of Health, New Delhi, Policy expert for HIV/AIDS, TB, Ebola and now Covid-19 Infections specialist Sambodhi/ISRN, New Delhi
Facilitator: Priyanka Deo, Youtuber, New India Junction
Compiled by: Somya Jain
Date: 27th May 2020
Key highlights of the Session:
- The clear definition of pandemic COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) was given by Dr Subhash Hira.
- The measures that could’ve been taken by India and other countries were deeply discussed.
- Recommendations of using masks when we go out and following all the rules, regulations and guidelines laid down by the Government were given.
- Advice of accepting the reality, adjusting with it, adapting the changes and keeping everyone safe around us was also given by our guest.
- Dr Hira spoke about the development of a vaccine for the disease.
- Our guest also elaborated over the phrase “ATMA NIRBHARTA” to fight against the consequences of the pandemic.
- Some positive impacts due to imposition of lockdown like less pollution, improvement in health care system etc. were discussed in the conversation.
- The conversation includes the views of our expert guest over Ayurveda, Medical Science, and Economy.