Role of NGO’s during the COVID-19 Pandemic
In this series of I-CAN Conversation, we had Mr. Shridhar Venkat, CEO of Akshay Patra Foundation with us on board. The conversation was facilitated by Ms. Charu Pragya who is a lawyer, a social worker and Vice Chairman at NADA (National Anti-Doping Agency). The conversation was centered about the role of NGO’S in the time of pandemic and post-pandemic. the session included the wide discussion over the objectives, principals and initiatives of Akshay Patra Foundation. The majorly emphasized point in the session was made over feeding the meals to those who are in need, especially children and this is the main idea behind the establishment of Akshay Patra.
Speaker: Mr. Shridhar Venkat, CEO, The Akshay Patra Foundation
Facilitator: Charu Pragya, Lawyer, Social worker, Vice Chairman at NADA
Compiled by: Somya Jain
Date: 10th June 2020
Key Highlights of the Conversation:
- Visionary seed of Akshay Patra Foundation
- Journey to the cause of feeding the children through mid-day meal scheme in schools.
- The ways in which millennials or youngsters of our nation can connect with the NGO’s.
- Approaches taken by Akshay Patra to work efficiently in the pandemic were discussed vividly.
- The initiative of using Green Energy by the Foundation was appreciated during the conversation and its benefits were explained by our guest.
- Recommendations on engagement of NGO’s in policy making with Government were given.
- Challenges that NGO’s might face post lockdown were elaborated by Mr. Venkat.
- The new policy of “ATMA NIRBHARTA” proposed by our honorable Prime Minister were talked upon in relation with the work of NGO’s, corporations, manufacturers etc.
- FOOD SECURITY, GOOD EDUCATION and CLEAN ENERGY said to be the most important things in the development process.