Speaker: Mr. Shridhar Venkat, CEO, The Akshay Patra Foundation
Facilitator: Charu Pragya, Lawyer, Social worker, Vice Chairman at NADA
Compiled by: Somya Jain
Date: 10th June 2020
Key Highlights of the Conversation:
- Visionary seed of Akshay Patra Foundation
- Journey to the cause of feeding the children through mid-day meal scheme in schools.
- The ways in which millennials or youngsters of our nation can connect with the NGO’s.
- Approaches taken by Akshay Patra to work efficiently in the pandemic were discussed vividly.
- The initiative of using Green Energy by the Foundation was appreciated during the conversation and its benefits were explained by our guest.
- Recommendations on engagement of NGO’s in policy making with Government were given.
- Challenges that NGO’s might face post lockdown were elaborated by Mr. Venkat.
- The new policy of “ATMA NIRBHARTA” proposed by our honorable Prime Minister were talked upon in relation with the work of NGO’s, corporations, manufacturers etc.
- FOOD SECURITY, GOOD EDUCATION and CLEAN ENERGY said to be the most important things in the development process.